Saturday, November 5, 2011

Carving It Up

I love pumpkin carving time. It's a fun family tradition...and I love to roast the seeds and love seeing our creations glowing each night. We used a pumpkin from our own garden...not very big, but the kids didn't mind.


This year Aunt Amy dropped by to help with our monster pumpkins. The kids love to make these and I love how easy they are and how great they look during the day.


For Family Home Evening the whole family cut, scooped, and carved our pumpkins to make some pretty great Jack O Lantern faces for the front porch.

Avery was a little hesitant to scoop out the guts, but eventually got in to it.






Bob and Ethan are so good at collaborating to create a perfect face for their pumpkin. Ethan wasn't thrilled about the slimy guts either. I love his face in this picture.


These awesome Jacks dressed up our front porch this year...pretty great huh!

1 comment:

Douglas said...

So much fun for all of you and what a memory. I hope it's a tradition that continues. Not many people take the time anymore. Great carving kids:)