Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rainbow Fun

For St. Patrick's Day the kids and I did lots of Rainbow Fun Activities. We graphed skittles by color, glued a rainbow of paper strips, and found gold at the end of the rainbow with a treasure hunt.


Avery and I made a deliciously fun rainbow cake. We mixed up a white cake mix then made 6 colorful bowls of batter. Avery couldn't wait to mix the purple one, her favorite color!

We poured each rainbow color into a Ziploc bag and lined them up in order.

Finally we snipped the end of the bags and swirled the batter around so that every bite would have all the colors of the rainbow. (Thanks Emily L. for the tip!)

The cake turned out pretty fancy! It was moist, sweet, delicious and rainbow fun! Avery is quite a baker!


The kids have been singing the Cat In The Hat Rainbow song all week...they know the rainbow colors!

1 comment:

Douglas said...

Well, Our St.Patrick's wasn't nearly as much fun as yours was!
I loved the rainbow cake! I can almost taste it. I loved the song..Thank You. It made my day:)