We picked up the bed and made a big deal about Ethan helping put together his new
When it came time to go to bed Ethan climbed right in and laid back for a couple of stories and then snuggled in for the night...or so I thought! Silly me! He was out of his bed not long after I closed the door and ran to my room to hide. This continued for about 20 minutes until I went in with him and sat by his bed side and sang songs. He finally fell asleep and slept through the night alone in his bed. This morning when I checked on him he was sleeping sideways in his bed with his legs hanging over the side, but he did stay in bed.
All in all this battle wasn't much worse than the ones we've had lately so we'll call the first night a success. Nap time happened in my bed today so we still have some work to do, but he sure looks grown up in his bed!
3 comments:
What a cute boy! My little red head is at the same stage. We put him in a bed tonight. He was thrilled to be in a bunk bed but didn't stay. I finally had to lay next to him and hold him down. Once he stopped moving he was out. It's always a hard transition. We'll see how it goes for both of us. I love to read your blog.
I can't believe he's in a big boy bed now! He's growing so fast!
Wow - I can't believe he is almost two, and big enough to be in a bed! Good luck with nap time - that is a trick when they are not in their little prison (aka as a crib). :) Hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment