Monday, May 11, 2009

One Long Week

It's always the pits when you're sick, but this week it was all 3 of us. One at a time last weekend the 3 of us came down with the most awful cold ever! It made for a long week. Ethan was the least sick which was good except that meant he still wanted to play outside and go visit friends so Bob and I had to get creative with our activities. What could 3 sickies do?

We went out and bought Ethan a much anticipated new "seat cart" (car seat). He loves sitting up tall and sitting on the outside. To celebrate the big purchase we drove out by the airport to watch the student pilots practice take off and land. Ethan was in 7th heaven. The airport is by the lake so he also got to see lots of birds and boats. It was a great outing for us all.
He was so taken by the fact we got to see airplanes take off and land the next day Bob showed him how to fold and fly a paper airplane. The 3rd story balcony made a great launching spot for our little bombers.

We spent lots of time at home reading books and unfortunately watching movies.
Ethan found a few ways to entertain himself...He took out his booster seat (which he refuses to use at the table) and made it into a recliner. Here he is reading the scriptures...searching for Jesus, who he claims is not in these scriptures since there are no pictures of Him in this set.
Also he decided to be Bob the Builder and "pray conc" (spray concrete)using the vacuum hoses. He'd put on Bob's work gloves and assemble the hoses then make the best sound effects and spray his concrete all over the wall.

We played a few games of baseball, Candyland and Chutes and Ladders too. All in all we survived the week and are feeling at least a little better.

Bob and Ethan really made Mother's Day special: french toast for breakfast, new knives, an angel food cake pan (guess what we had for dessert!) and lots of extra love, attention and just hanging out. I have 2 great guys! Now it's time to fully recuperate and disinfect our little dungeon...

7 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Hope you're feeling better! We missed celebrating your birthday/Mother's Day with you!

Melissa said...

Oh I know how that goes! We were rocked with a bad cold a few weeks ago and Blythe still has a little cough. I hope you are all doing better!

Douglas said...

Creative is not the word for you guys. You make being sick sound like so much fun. Glad you are better and made the best of a bad week.

Unknown said...

Oh I hate to hear that all three of you were ill! BUT I loved seeing how you made lemonade out of lemons. Great creative ideas on "sick days" love the reclining chair/reading scriptures!

Bekah said...

I'm so glad you guys are on the up-and-up... us, not so much! BLAH!!! We'll get to hang out again... one day! WE MISS YOU!!!!

Emilie said...

I wish I was that much fun while feeling my best! Hope you are doing great - :)

Arlene said...

That's a lot of sickness fun! :D Going to the airport used to be our favorite thing to do as kids (didn't realize it was also free for 6 kids). You look great!