Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On The Move

Thanksgiving is a wonderful day...to move!
Yep, we loaded up the Uhaul on Wednesday afternoon and unloaded it Thursday morning...We had a great crew of helpers. Mary and her 4 kids were amazing, they saved us so many trips in and out of the moving van! Thanks to Bob's brothers I didn't have to try to move any of the heavy stuff!

We started by loading up our storage unit... Avery didn't want to be left out of the fun so I bundled her up and let her watch each trip in and out of the truck!


Ethan was so happy to be reunited with some of his toys. He rode his bike in, out and around the truck while we loaded up the other things.

Unfortunately, the moving van broke down in front of our old apartment so we had to unload everything we had just loaded and move it to a new truck...we were so grateful it was only the storage unit stuff! After loading up all of our belongings we ran to the annual Pie Party. It was loads of fun to spend time with family and then drive 5 minutes home.

We spent Wednesday night in our new house...on the floor! We were going to have a slumber party in the master bedroom, but Ethan wanted to sleep in his own room so he and Avery slept in one room and Bob and I in the other.
Thursday morning we had lots of help unloading. We were amazed at all we had crammed into our little apartment. We are all very excited to have more room!

We are grateful for family and the big help they were in the move and for the fact that we had a fabulous Thanksgiving feast without having to cook a thing!

Thanks to Amy, Bekah and Ava the old apartment is empty and clean...good bye Cracker Jack Box...you were a good home!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Oh we are so glad you are close by. Your house is beautiful and you have already made it a welcoming, comfortable home.

Brad and Hailey said...

Yay for your new house! I can't wait to see you guys all moved in this weekend!

Robinson Family said...

Congrats on your new home! It's beautiful. I need your new address. I know it is stressful moving. Good luck getting settled. Happy Birthday Ethan!

Brian and Tonya said...

Yeah. We can't wait to visit. Sorry we couldn't help you move. I was really hoping to rack up some favors to call in one day when we move. :(

Douglas said...

Such hard work but well worth it. You had good helpers. What a beautiful home. ENJOY!!!

Jennifer Ames said...

Congrats on finding that perfect one! You guys definitely deserve it! Enjoy!

Arlene said...

You on Thanksgiving, me on Christmas (almost)! Congratulations! I will keep reading to see where you live!