Thanks for a fun day friends!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Candy, Candy, Candy!
I read in one of my parenting magazines about this website that lists all the kid friendly factory tours in each state. I was tempted, but Bekah beat me to it and invited us to go with them on a local Candy Factory Tour. Of course we wanted to go...have you seen Charlie and The Chocolate Factory...who could pass up a candy factory.
While I didn't expect lickable wallpaper or edible trees I was pleasantly surprised with our tour. We started by watching a quick video about the history of the company then donned our "Candy Maker's Hats" (hair nets) and headed out in to the factory. Our cute little tour guide did a fabulous job explaining the candy making process to the kids and there was a video at each station. We walked through the warehouse storage area (3-4 million pounds of candy!) on our way to the taffy kitchen. We watched gummy bunnies being made and drooled over the chocolate waterfall coating marshmallow eggs...Easter Candy galore! The taffy elevator and packaging machines were cool, but the best part was the fact that we got a sample treat at each stop!
Then we ended our tour in the gift shop where we purchased yummy taffy, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, and a Valentine's Day mix of chewy goodness. Avery even enjoyed the tour. She watched the videos and really wanted to sample a few of the treats...maybe next time sweetie. I was amazed she left her little hat on the whole time! By day's end Ethan was hopped up on sugar and happy!
Thanks for a fun day friends!
Thanks for a fun day friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh fun!!!! What factory did you go to? Blythe would love something like this! Avery looks so dang cute in her hair net :)
I think I gained 10 lbs. just from your blog. That looked like so much fun. What a fantastic outing.
You think of such amazing things to do.
That sounds like fun. We went to the Jelly Belly factory here in CA, but the day we went the candy wasn't being produced, so we just saw the equipment. It was a little bit of a bummer. I will have to see if there are any more candy factories around. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment