Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weekend Away

A couple of weekends ago our family had a little weekend away-from each other! Yep separate vacations...one for girls and one for boys. We all had a great time...here's the inside scoop.

I was slightly nervous about Ethan and daddy heading out together without me. Ethan and I had only been apart 2 nights at this point and those 2 nights I was in the hospital slightly preoccupied with our new baby girl's arrival. He and I were both brave and early in the morning the men took off for an overnight fishing adventure.

They traveled in a 3 off-road vehicle caravan. Ethan was thrilled to ride in Uncle Brad's car. They did lots of fishing in 4 different lakes about 3 1/2 hours south of here.

Ethan and Bob had a great time and caught lots of fish. Bob said Ethan reeled in and touched every fish they caught.

He does however need a little practice/coaching on how to return the fish to the water...Many a fish were launched back in by this cannon of a 3 year old.

I had to call my mom as Avery and I pulled out of the garage...my kids had both grown up in one day! Ethan went off for an overnight adventure and Avery got to turn around and sit "Big Girl Style" in her car seat. She loved it...I cried.


We had a great girls weekend. We shopped and then treated ourselves to a delicious chocolate fountain with just about anything you could think draped in chocolate.

I was determined to let Avery be a part of everything we did so...I stripped off her PJ top and handed her a few chocolate covered goodies. She loved them and smelled like chocolate all night because her PJ bottoms were covered in rich milk chocolate. Next time I'll have to leave on just a diaper!

After Avery was in bed the other girls crafted some very fun, very cool fabric flowers. We stayed up late creating and then started again in the morning and had to force ourselves to quit long enough to head out shopping again. Thanks Jayne for all the fun fabric!

All in all our weekend away was a success. We were thrilled to see each other Saturday night and were happy we had time to spend together on Sunday before the planning for next year began!

1 comment:

Douglas said...

Great fishing, Ethan. Gram loves to fish too.

Avery, you are never to young to learn about girls night out. It's always fun and Gram likes that too.