Bob and I took advantage of a fabulous fall day on Friday with a trip to the local zoo. We packed a lunch and headed out for a great adventure.
Ethan was so excited as he remembered so many of the fun things to do and see at the zoo. He talked nonstop the whole way there. Avery was just a couple of months old last time she went so she was in for a surprise.

It was a perfect day, not too warm, not too cold and not too crowded. We were treated to lots of big animal activity since the weather was perfect for getting out and moving around. Avery oohed and ahhed at just about everything and Ethan ran from place to place leading the way for us all.

Avery was smitten with the monkeys and the Meercats. She chatted with them and squealed with delight every time they ran by her.

The leopard was a real thrill. He paced back and forth in front of us. Ethan was mesmerized by his spots.

The kids got to ride on the carousel. Ethan just had to ride the snake on the log again this year. Avery chose the Ape, but wasn't too sure about riding any of them. She stayed on the whole time, but kept a keen eye on me. Ethan of course LOVED his snake ride.

The kids each had a little money from a Halloween package and chose to spend it on a souvenir from the zoo. Ethan had a very hard time choosing. He liked so many things. He finally decided on a leopard mask and has been "so happy" with his choice. Avery on the other hand chose very quickly. Daddy showed her many different things she could choose, but she lovingly cuddled her stuffed Meercat all through the store. Thanks Gram and Papa for the spending money!

It was a perfect family day! The kids were amazed at everything we saw. I'm sure another zoo trip will be in our future!

Caution: Wild Leopard escaped from local zoo!
3 comments:
Darling BLOG!! I will be on the look out for any wild animals running by.... It looked like the perfect day with so many things to see. Avery did look like she was having the time of her life. Great choosing of zoo toys. Great day as a family....
Looks like so much fun!
Joni, I love catching up on all the things you are doing. I always find myself thinking that I want to be a mom like you when I grow up! :) You are such a cute mom!
Post a Comment