Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Happiest of Halloweens

We had a week full of Halloween celebrations. Ethan and I finally agreed on a costume and spent Monday afternoon creating a Dragon Fighter's costume. We really had a ball working on it together. He knew exactly what he wanted: a fur vest, that fur stuff on his boots, a belt, and those things like Hiccup's dad wears on his arms. (See How To Train Your Dragon for more details.) Avery lucked out and was given a fabulous Tinker Bell costume by some Disney loving friends. I think I had the cutest kids on the block!

We had 3 great Halloween parties during the week. The kids loved playing the games, winning the prizes and treats and





spending lots of time in their costumes.








On Saturday I took the kids Trick or Treating for the first time. In years past we always did trunk or treat so even Ethan had his first time. Avery practiced all afternoon, but when it came time to say trick or treat and thank you she had stage fright, but quickly warmed up to choosing her own candy and putting it in her bag. And eventually gave the sweetest smile and thank you ever. Ethan was thrilled to go on ahead of Avery and I with some friends. He loved knocking, choosing, wishing Happy Halloween then sprinting off to the next house!

The kids made out like bandits and because of the cold drizzling rain we had lots of our candy left too so we were all happy!!




Avery was sad to see the holiday end and begged to wear her costume again on Sunday afternoon...I decided to hang it in her room so she can bring it to me any time the urge hits! All you need is a little dust...pixie dust!

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Adorable costumes...and kids!

Brad and Hailey said...

The kids look great and Ethan's costume was awesome!

Douglas said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I wish I could have been there to see them. Ethan's costume was perfect for him and Avery will be the cutest Tinker Bell every day, so daarling.