
As busy as we are and have been here at home I just had to get the kids out for a Pumpkin Patch field trip. I know you can buy perfectly good pumpkins at every grocery store, but I love to wander the field and choose my own beauty so the kids and I headed to 2 little pumpkin farms last week.

We wandered through the rows of pumpkins until we found just the right pumpkins. The kids of course loaded a huge wheelbarrow full, but I helped them narrow it down to just 6. Ethan was thrilled to show off his muscles and cart our prize pumpkins around.

After paying for our pumpkins the kids took off through the corn maze. Avery did not want to be left behind and refused to be carried so off she ran chasing her older brother. It was great, dusty, but great!

We got home just before daddy and after dinner all 4 sat down to carve a face in our picks. Ethan and Bob worked together to create the perfect scary, fanged face. Avery and I worked out a cute little sweet faced Jack O Lantern. Ethan jumped right in and wanted to clean out and carve his pumpkin. Avery on the other had wasn't too sure about all the slime she found in hers. She warmed up to and helped in the end.

Both kids are proud of their creation and I must say they look pretty good sitting on the front porch. Now we just need to carve the others before Halloween has come and gone.
3 comments:
Wowwie Wow. Where did you go? I miss our favorite patch in Oregon. Can we share yours?
Oh how Gram loves pumpkin patches. But you two were the cutest pumpkins ever. I liked your jack-o-lanterns too. Great work!!! Happy Haloween!!!!
What cute pumpkins. How fun. Wandering pumpkin patches is always much funner than picking them up at the grocery store.
Post a Comment