After Grandma passed away my mom found lots of flannel hidden in grandma's closets intended for quilts so she decided to take it home, find a match and make a quilt for the great grand-kids.
While we were home in Washington I mentioned I wanted to make myself a quilt and mom brought up making one for Ethan and Avery. We quickly made a plan and decided to tie 3 quilts in the 4 days left of our vacation.
We had a great time working side by side. The kids were patient and played so well together as Gram and Mom were busily sewing and tying. I decided I wanted to get the kids involved so we taught each of them to help tie the quilts.
Ethan's quilt: Red, Blue, and cars all over. He really like helping and tied more than I thought he would. He even helped with Avery's.
Avery's Quilt: Pink, Pink and more Pink with Purple and Cute Little Girls all over. She liked sitting by mom and Gram and wanted to tie all by herself. Finally she decided I needed her finger to help me get the knot just right.
It was a feat, but all 3 quilts were constructed, tied, and bound before we left for home! We all use our quilts every night and fondly think of Gram Cathy and Grandma Lova.
1 comment:
That was the best project ever :) Grandma Lova would be proud.I need my little quilters back to help me make more quilts. The pictures are great, the smiles worth the work!
Post a Comment