Monday, September 29, 2008

Washington Fun

We had a great trip to Washington last week. We went for my sister Emily's wedding. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding in a light sprinkle of rain. Emily held up well and the wedding was wonderful.

After the wedding fun we took a get away trip to Grayland Beach. Ethan
loved playing on the beach with cousins and running from the waves.

Unfortunately one time the sea grass tripped him up and he face planted...he jumped right up and ran out after another wave. He walked up and down the beach looking for sea shells and found lots of treasures.

It wouldn't be a trip to Washington if we didn't pack each minute with endless family fun so along with making jam, freezing corn and drying fruit we went to the Central Washington State Fair. Ethan got to ride a pony, pet an alligator and eat a million tasty fair treats!This year at the fair they had a Sea Lion Display. After watching a little girl get a kiss from the sea lion the only thing Ethan could think of was 'Me, Me, Me!"

The sea lion only kissed people 4 years and older so Ethan couldn't
get a kiss, but he got the next best thing...Mommy got a kiss and he got to watch! He loved it and kept touching my cheek and making a kissing noise.
Thanks for a fun trip cousins and family. We can't wait for the next excuse to come!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like SO MUCH fun! How did you ever get that picture of Ethan in the ocean? We missed you guys while you were away.

Brad and Hailey said...

That is an amazing photo you captured of him hitting the water! Looks like you guys had fun!

Joni said...

I thought I should say that I was already taking Ethan's picture when he fell and just happened to get a "better" action shot than I'd anticipated...As soon as the picture was taken I ran and grabbed him out of the water! :)

Beth and Shae said...

I love the pictures. Great face plant one. Ethan is so handsome. Sounds like things are well. I will call you soon.