The people were a final highlight of our trip to Yellowstone this time. We were able to play with cousins, spend time with siblings and hangout with Grandma and Granddad. Ethan took a real shine to cousin "Naynay" (Nathan, not to be confused with neigh, neigh (a horse). He always wanted to be by Nathan and play with him. He must know how long
This year 3 other people made our trip to Yellowstone memorable. As I mentioned Ethan loved having his window down, but one particular day it came back to bite him...literally. A big bee came in his window and stung him. We took him out of his car seat, gave him some Tylenol and tried putting a cold water bottle on it. He calmed down so we kept on going. We got to the next site and I noticed that Ethan's nose was running, his eye was dripping and he had a little swelling near his eye. Bob and I decided we'd better get some Benadryl or something just in case....so I asked the general store clerk if they carried Benadryl and proceeded to tell him that I was concerned Ethan may be having a bit of a reaction to a bee sting. Well, he quickly got on the phone and called a park ranger. I figured that maybe the ranger had a big first aid kit and would check the sting and give us a little something....We waited quite a while and were thinking maybe we should just leave since Ethan was fine now, but one of the clerks said that the ranger was here and would be in soon. Bob went to the door and with a telling look on his face he said, "Joni, get out here!" We went outside and there is an ambulance in the parking lot and the paramedic is rushing in with a first aid kit and an Epi-pen ready. We were so embarrassed. They took us over to the ambulance to check Ethan out and we hear sirens and see lights coming down the road...another ranger in his car rushing to the scene. Now I'm really embarrassed and want to
1 comment:
That is quite an amazing story :) I'm glad you guys got pictures! You gave the EMS crew something to do, I'm sure they were grateful :)
Post a Comment