Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pioneer Ready

Ethan and I took a trip to Moyle Pioneer Park again this year with friends. Ethan was so excited to do some of the things he remembered enjoying last year.

His first stop was at the laundry...I think it had something to do with the water, but he loved this station. He washed a few pairs of pants, his hands, the bar of soap...He was a good worker and even hung his clothes on the clothes line to dry.

Ethan and Ava both liked dipping candles. Ethan was so proud of his and gave it to Daddy to take to his office.

Churning butter is always a big draw. Ethan took his turn churning, but loved eating the butter on yummy wheat bread the best!






The kids played on the playground after working so hard as pioneers. They had a good time on the see saw, but weigh about the same and their legs were too short to really make it work so Bekah and I took turns see sawing with them.




It's always fun to play with friends especially outside!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I was just thinking about how wonderful it is to go to Moyle Park in the summer. I'm glad you like it too. My favorite part is eating wheat bread with freshly churned (and washed - who knew?) butter. Yummmmm.

Douglas said...

What a great pioneer you are. You are so industrious and so busy going to try everything. What a fun day.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Joni! Hello! I'm invading your blog! It's so fun to read and catch up on your cute little family. I can't believe how grown up your Ethan is. He's so cute! Hope that everything is awesome!