Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cornbelly's

Fall is such a fun time of year. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is cooler, hot cocoa and sweaters are called for and it means the beginning of the Holiday Season.

To celebrate the coming of Fall we went to Cornbelly's with our good buddies, Ava, Jax and Bekah. The kids loved so many things it was hard to fit it all in. Everything takes longer with 4 kids under 4 even with 2 adults!

We played in the princess area. Ethan jumped in the Bouncy Castle while Ava, I mean Snow White, sat in the Pumpkin Carriage waiting for Prince Charming.










Ethan remembered the Duck Races from last year so that was our next stop. He did a lot of pumping and a lot of duck collecting for me to race down the pipe.

Next we ate lunch...typical fair food: foot long corn dogs and a mountain of curly french fries. Good thing we packed a few carrot sticks, apples and grapes to off set the deep fried goodness.

The kids loved the big hay stack slides and the jumping pillows. Ethan was brave on the slides. He climbed up the rope wall and platform wall to mount the stack and raced back down every slide they had. A couple of times he yelled down for me to catch him...of course I was holding Avery so I said I was ready, but was really standing a little way off with the camera ready. Every time he would shoot out the tunnel in some crazy way...head first, feet first, on his belly or his back.
What a character.


We all rode the Grain Train together and of course took a ride on the Cow Train (except for Avery and I, I wasn't sure we could get in and out of a 5 gallon cow).

Before leaving Ava and Ethan panned for jewels. Ava loved swooshing away the sand to reveal gorgeous gems while Ethan just loved grabbing blobs of mucky sand and playing in the water...It's amazing how different boys and girls are, but wonderful that the same activity can entertain both.

4 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun :)

Brad and Hailey said...

Looks like a really fun day!

Douglas said...

Wow! What a fun place! ! !You always get to do so many wonderful things. It looks like you tried everything they had. Good job...

Arlene said...

I bet you miss taking 25 7 year olds to places like this, huh? haha