Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home Improvements

We've dedicated the last few weekends to some home improvement and beautification projects. We've had lots of fun puttering around and shopping for things.

This was my Valentine's Day gift, decorations for the living room. I love it!




Then I got a few things for the mantle to match.





This was a Christmas gift...Thanks Tonya! Ethan loved helping me put the solar lights together and stake them in the ground.


The kids' bath was one of the first rooms we added color and decor to.









Thanks to Bob, Ethan, Granddad and Uncle Brian we have a completed and more safe little deck out the sliding glass door.











I worked really hard to organize and purge our storage stuff in the basement. So far I think this has given me the most satisfaction.
I love purging!




I started decorating Avery's room by painting these canvases to match her hand quilted blanket. I really like how they turned out and am excited for a vinyl decal Bekah is making!

Our front door now says, "Welcome to our house!"
Thanks Amy!

We've done a few more things and have a little list we want to accomplish before my family comes to town in a couple weeks, but our house is starting to look like a home!

3 comments:

Alys said...

It is looking homey! I love the wreath!

Douglas said...

I love the wreath too and the cute bathtub kids. Avery's flowers and Ethan's hammering. Nice to have some incentive to get a few things done. We can't wait to see your new home. See ya soon.

Robinson Family said...

Your home improvements are looking great! Did you take the pictures of your kids in the bathroom? Very cute. I am always amazed at how crafty and creative you are. I also love to read about all the fun things you do with your kids. They're growing up fast.