Bob signed up for a work conference in the sunny south so of course the kids and I tagged along. We got to have a mini vacation. It was great. We've been so busy we needed a little R & R. We left a day early so Bob would have time to play with us and we made the most of his time off.

Ethan was so excited to go swimming. We took the kids a couple of times.

Avery liked her first pool experience and since Ethan wasn't quite as daring as he has been in the past I think I could take both kids by myself a time or two this summer.

When we were down south a year ago we quickly visited a state park and I wanted to go back and hike around a little more so we did. One afternoon we climbed a huge red rock.

Ethan has talked about and remembered climbing this rock so he scurried right up. Bob and I could hardly keep up with him.

The view from the top was amazing.

After climbing we hiked along in the sand to a small slotted canyon. It was beautiful. The rocks were glowing in the sunlight.

There were lots of nooks and holes made by the wind and water to peak in to for pictures!
It was a short hike and we had the whole trail to ourselves!

On our last day I took the kids to a dinosaur discovery center. Ethan has recently become an expert on dinosaurs thanks to Dinosaur Train on PBS. He was disappointed there weren't real dinosaurs there, but was amazed by how big some of the footprint casts were. I was amazed to hear they are still finding more and more casts every couple of weeks at this site.

We had a super time and hated to head back home...a few days in the sun made a world of difference for us!
7 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun. Sunshine helps a lot too. We have been enjoying ours this week for sure. Avery looks so cute in her swimsuit too.
Cute picture of the kids! Looks like a lot of fun!
What fun! Great to get some sun, too. FYI, Vernal and Ogden have life sized dinosaurs outside their museums that I bet Ethan would LOVE. Ogden's my favorite.
You are doing so many fun things I can hardly keep up with your blog. It looked like an amazing trip. I'm glad you had so much fun. I loved all of the pictures.
What a fun trip. We were so dissapointed that you had to head back before we got there.
All of your pictures are gorgeous against those red rocks! They are definitely frame worthy!
You look so cute, Joni! And your kids are so adorable. Ok, Bob's cute too (don't want him to feel left out here!).
I hope you have lots of fun trips to the pool with your twosome this summer! Just when I thought I could take my two alone...dun dun dun...we added the third. We're homebound again for awhile, or at least we are when Dave's not home!
I love when I get to catch up on you! At first, I thought you maybe came to TX...but you weren't quite far south enough!
(I unpacked about 20 towels...for te hooded towels I never made. Aiy yah yah!!!!)
Post a Comment