Thursday, May 6, 2010

She's Mobile!

Avery's crawling...We've been documenting her progress. Enjoy the stages!

Her first attempts looked like yoga. She'd balance on her tip toes then drop back down and arch her back.


Then she was a little hoppity frog. She would get up on all fours and hop, but rolling was still her only way of getting around.



And get around she did. We'd find her in all sorts of places.


Then she started to lunge forward. She got pretty good at this and would lunge, roll, lunge until she got herself into a corner. Then she'd cry out for help. Ethan would grab her by the feet and drag her to safety.


Now she's crawling around on all fours and is quite fast. She gets better every day!


It's amazing how much trouble she gets in to now that she's a mover!

5 comments:

Alys said...

I love the transition stages. It is always so funny to see how different babies learn to crawl. Harrison is rolling a ton, but he does push off on his feet and scoot a bit. I think he still has a little to go until crawling. And thank goodness. I am not ready for him to be so mobile!

Brian and Tonya said...

How fun. she is so cute, especially her little frog jump.

Douglas said...

Way to go Avery!! Gram is so proud of you. Thanks for letting us be a part of her life. I thought she was going to crawl right to me. I was ready with a big hug and kisses. The videos are great. Love you all. Great "cheering on" Ethan!!

Bekah said...

She makes me smile! It's been so fun watching her progress. Before you know it she'll be running around with her big brother!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Hello Pres! Congrats on the new calling! We'll definitely need to email and chat! dkdodds@gmail.com. I'm the 1st counselor. Our ward is totally lopsided. We have 40 nursery kids, 100 primary kids and most of the husbands are med students, so they're not really available for callings! It's CRAZY, but fun! I'm sure you're going to be INCREDIBLE!
oh, and that crawling is so cute! She's such a beauty like her mom!