
We had a great Easter this year. I mean we always go a little overboard, but this year will be hard to top.

We started Easter weekend with a 5,000 egg hunt. The master association for our neighborhood had an Easter egg hunt at the park just above our house the Saturday before Easter. It was amazing. The hills were covered in eggs and yet with all the kids present they were cleaned up in less than 5 minutes. Ethan got his fair share and then some. He loved every second of it.

They had an earlier hunt in a smaller area for the younger crowd. I was glad. It gave Avery a safe place to figure out what this hunting was all about. She got the hang of it quickly and joined in on the big kids hunt.

Bob and I got in to the holiday spirit and loaded up a bunch of eggs. We also picked up a few great gifts for the kiddos. The Easter Bunny helped us hide them around the house for the early morning hunt.

I loved watching the kids' eyes light up each time they found an egg. And it was priceless when Avery found her "pesent." I knew she would love it...a Princess Cinderella doll. It made my day to see her and hear her squeal of delight when she finally got her "rincess" open and out of the box.

Ethan knew one of his gifts just from the shape of the box, but he was still excited to unwrap his Hex Bug and RC Motorcycle.

These kids were spoiled already and we still had one big hunt left. Bob's family always has a great stash of eggs.

The kids loved hunting eggs with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma and granddad. We filled our baskets more than once. What fun!
Ethan and Avery were sad to see the fun end so on Monday they helped me reload a bunch of eggs and the two of them had 5 more hunting adventures in our yard. The fun never stops here!
2 comments:
Thats sure one "GOOD" Easter Bunny!I bet he was tired after all that hiding. Great hunting kids. It looked like a lot of fun:)
Wow! 5000 eggs, I cannot even imagine!
Post a Comment