Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Lucky Mama

I love being a mom and Bob and the kids are pretty good at showing their love for me every day, but it's nice to be spoiled for Mother's Day.

It's tradition for our little family to go buy flowers to fill my flower pots for Mother's Day every year. We headed out on Saturday and carefully chose the perfect flowers.

Ethan and Avery were so excited to help plant. Ethan really "dug" getting the soil ready for planting, but then Avery took over. She takes after her mom and Gram. She was such a great little helper. She was happy to have a turn using the shovel, but then as my hands dug in and got covered with dirt she had to try herself.

She watched carefully as I planted the first planter and was ready to jump right in on the second one. She told me each step that came next and quickly showed her green thumb.



I think our planters turned out beautiful, but the real joy came from spending the afternoon elbow deep in dirt with my two kids.



Thanks Aunt Amy for the bling ring and amazing corsage to add to the skirt and jewelry I made for the special occasion.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Fun! I love kids learning how to garden. Love your skirt, too!

Douglas said...

So glad Avery is following tradition... I sure could use a helper like that. You are a wonderful mom and I'm glad you are appreciated.