Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Must Be Crazy

Bob, Ethan and I got up at 2:30am this morning and drove out west to a dark parking lot to watch the Perseids Meteor Shower. We watched for just over an hour and saw more than 50 meteors fly through the sky. Each meteor was most likely no bigger than a grain of sand, but the speed and light they gave off was very impressive. There were many oohs and aahs.





Ethan was a good sport and watched the sky between cat naps and slurps of milk. It was chilly out so we bundled up in blankets and sipped hot cocoa. The meteor shower was a sight to see and may become an annual tradition.

3 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Wow, you guys are troopers. There's no way I'd get up that early.

Heidi said...

I found your blog off of Beth's blog. Ethan is so cute and big. I haven't seen him for a long time. You are looking really good and happy!! That's great to see.

Emilie said...

That is so fun! Justin was interested in it, but none of us could make ourselves get up to see it. Next time? :)