I took Ethan down to see Santa today. He talked all afternoon yesterday about how he was going to sit on Santa's lap and ask for presents to open. We waited a long time since the snow today delayed Santa's arrival by nearly and hour. (Good thing Santa's workshop was located near the play area!) Ethan was hesitant to walk up to and sit on Santa's lap, but he did. You can see in the picture he wants to like Santa, but isn't sure. He didn't ask for a thing...he didn't even talk to Santa until he was safely in my arms again then gave him five and thanked him for the coloring book. I count that as a successful trip for a 2 year old. I'm sure after Santa delivers Ethan's gifts next week he'll warm up to the idea and be anxious for next year!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
A Visit to Santa
I took Ethan down to see Santa today. He talked all afternoon yesterday about how he was going to sit on Santa's lap and ask for presents to open. We waited a long time since the snow today delayed Santa's arrival by nearly and hour. (Good thing Santa's workshop was located near the play area!) Ethan was hesitant to walk up to and sit on Santa's lap, but he did. You can see in the picture he wants to like Santa, but isn't sure. He didn't ask for a thing...he didn't even talk to Santa until he was safely in my arms again then gave him five and thanked him for the coloring book. I count that as a successful trip for a 2 year old. I'm sure after Santa delivers Ethan's gifts next week he'll warm up to the idea and be anxious for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aren't those first few pictures with Santa the best? I hate to admit it, but it's cute when they cry, too. He looks like he's being very brave. Can't wait to see next year's picture.
Post a Comment