Friday, October 23, 2009

Return of the Monsters

Ethan and I had a great time making our Halloween Monster Pumpkins last October so we repeated the fun this year. He's been talking about it for over a week and had picked a special pumpkin out of Granddad's garden to use for one of his monsters. Finally this week we decked our pumpkins in their Halloween best.
Ethan likes that he can help push the pieces in to create the goofy faces and I love that the messy pumpkin guts stay in the pumpkin. Until I decide to split one open and roast the seeds that is! Ethan loved it...his favorite...the booger monster! Avery was content to watch us work and smile each time Ethan squealed in delight as we completed another monster. The pumpkins get a little pat, squeeze, or turn each time we come home. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Douglas said...

Gram loved the pumpkin monsters. You were so creative and did such a good job. I liked them all. Good pumpkin making....

Brian and Tonya said...

Those are such a good idea. Not only do the pumpkin guts stay in, but Ethan really gets to make his own pumpkin because there is no cutting. He did a great job. Those pumpkin monsters look pretty fun and scary.

Alys said...

Those are super fun, and great because little kids can do them. I only have memories of my dad carving the pumpkin and us pulling out the seeds.