Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid

Ethan watches PBS shows quite often. Chuck E. Cheese is a proud sponsor of our PBS station so they have a little commercial that plays in between shows. Ethan has seen their commercial and learned that in order to "Be A Kid" you need to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. Lucky for us Ava chose Chuck E. Cheese's for her birthday party! Ethan was thrilled.

He loved Chuck. He walked right up to him as though they were friends and gave him a high 5, bones and shook his hand. It took a little convincing to get Ethan to consume SOME pizza before heading off to the games and rides.


He had a great time playing with his friends, daddy and mommy. He really liked shooting hoops. He was so proud of each of us when one of our basketballs dropped through the net. I was impressed at how many baskets he made!

Bob and I both like Skee Ball so we introduced Ethan to the game. He liked bowling the ball up the lane, but often didn't have enough strength in his roll to reach a scoring ring. He didn't care that just meant he got to roll the ball more times. I think he liked it...he's been playing Skee Ball here at home rolling any ball he can find under the couch.

We hope Ava had as much fun at her party as we did! Thanks to Chuck E. Cheese where we could all be a kid! (March 17)

3 comments:

Douglas said...

I'm so glad you had such fun at Chuck E. Cheese. Gram has never been there so we will have to go there together sometine. It looked like great fun.

Brian and Tonya said...

Fun!!! I'm going to have to steal Ethan away sometime so we can go play skee ball too.

Mary said...

I love that place. :) So impressed that Ethan wasn't scared at all of CEC at all.