Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Build A Bear Buddy

Bob and I took Ethan to Build A Bear yesterday as part of his Valentine's from us and Gram and Papa. We had a great time...After careful consideration of quite a few of the buddy making options Ethan chose to make a cute little monkey. He was concerned that the monkey was flat and didn't "ohh, ohh, ohh, ohh" like he thought it should so we went straight to work to add the sound and get him filled. Ethan liked pushing the filler pedal and watching his monkey come to life. With a timid kiss Ethan gave up his heart to finish off the stuffing.






Next it was bath time. They have an air bath station with brushes to fluff up the fur and blow off any leftover stuffing on the outside. Ethan has become a very good bather himself so he knew just what to do and loved giving his new pal a good scrub down.

Bob and I decided that you can't make a Build A Bear buddy and not put at least 1 article of clothing on it so we chose a cute little pair of khaki cargo shorts for the monkey to keep with the jungle theme...Ethan couldn't care less...the computer part that was next looked way more interesting. (He now wonders why Max doesn't have a shirt...we may have to go back!)

So stuffed, bathed, and dressed we took the monkey over to the computer to give him a name. Bob and I came up with lots of names and Ethan seemed to like most of them. He especially liked some that were similar to the Disney Characters from the movies we've recently watched. Finally we decided on Max the Monkey and printed out the birth certificate.

Ethan was thrilled to help pay for Max and pack him in his cute little house to take home. He has loved Max already and just woke up and came out carrying Max and Griz...happy as can be!

3 comments:

Douglas said...

What a fun project. We love "Max"and I know you and Griz do too. You are a good builder. I'm glad you have fun things to do.
Give Max a hug for me.
Love, Gram

Brian and Tonya said...

How fun!! I love the monkey build a bear.

Douglas said...

It is so fun to see what you are doing. I really enjoy the blog. Max looks like a fun companion.
Love Papa