Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 24th Celebration

We had a great 24th of July this year. Bob got to go golfing with his dad and brothers while Aunt Amy, Ethan and I went down to the local park for some fun of our own.
The Parks and Recreation Department has a huge Pioneer Village each year just down the street from us. This year they had a few new activities we loved.


Ethan and I made a little boy rag doll while Aunt Amy made a little girl rag doll. They turned out so cute. Ethan liked helping me and likes to show off his doll.

Ethan got to use an old fashioned broom, play a few pioneer children's games, roll a beeswax candle,







pan for gold, watch a Native American dance and

visit the petting zoo.








His biggest highlight was driving the fire truck...the fireman even let him put on his hat.

Amy and I loved the frozen chocolate covered banana and Indian fry bread. Yum!

2 comments:

Douglas said...

Another great day and this time with Aunt Amy too. Talk about fun!!!. I loved the fireman picture the best. You looked handsome in that helmet. You did a lot of fun things that day. You better thank your mom and Aunt Amy.

Anonymous said...

daNae was in your last ward?!? I grew up with daNae. They have been family friends for a long time. They are great huh?! How are you feeling? It's sure tuff with two other kids! (being pregnant and all)
I'm so glad that I got out of the house yesterday but, it sure wore me out!