Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Baby Crafting

In order to help me wait for the arrival of this little girl I am trying to keep busy. Along with purging and taking things to the storage unit I have been crafting a little. It helps break up the craziness of cleaning and organizing!

Last week Bekah and I sewed matching pillowcase dresses for the baby and Ava. I made mine for 12 months since the fabric is kind of summery and bought cute fabric to make a 6 month old dress. They were so easy and now that we've worked out a few bugs the next ones will be a cinch!

Then today I decided to make a car seat canopy to soften the look of our car seat. I found an easy online tutorial and away I went. The top is a black, grey, and green paisley and the bottom is a tonal green floral print. I was lucky to find fabric that matched our car seat and was a little girly! I like how it turned out and love that it will shade our baby as well as keep germs out without adding much warmth.

Only 12 more days until the baby comes...I've been having a few signs of prep labor (there's nothing false about these pains!), but am holding out until the timing is better for my mom to come. We'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

Douglas said...

Love those craft items. I will have to have the pattern for the dress. It looks so fun. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh man Joni,
It turned out GREAT! I love the colors you used and the stitching...just perfect! Only 12 day (maybe 11 now...I know how important each day is)left!!! You are so close. I hope babe's timing is perfect for your Mom to be there. Good luck and thanks for letting me know! I hope I can contact you again to tell you you've won a Pod ;)!

Brad and Hailey said...

I'd love you to help me make a dress someday :) I do so much better with someone showing me then reading online. :)

Unknown said...

YES! I love it!keep the crafts coming! I missed you a few weeks ago. Are you registered anywhere?