Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some Would Say....

...I'm nesting, but I just call it a "make you feel better about where you live and not so crowded good old fashioned cleaning." You all know how I love a clean house! I have been packing things up for a week and we took a pick up load of stuff to the storage unit yesterday to make more room in our condo for the baby.

Today I was sitting on the floor with Ethan and mentioned how dirty our carpets were. I had spot cleaned them on my hands and knees a few weeks ago, but that just didn't do the job...so being a good husband Bob jumped up and ran to rent a steam cleaner while I tidied up the house and vacuumed so we could get the most out of our cleaning.

We moved a little furniture and went to work "degriming" our carpets. I let Bob run the steam cleaner while I pretreated a few bad spots and Ethan supervised.

When the carpets were cleaned I tackled the bathroom while Bob and Ethan relaxed on the only partially free horizontal surface to pass time so the carpets could dry.

It looks so much better here and I know things are clean and somewhat germ free...ready for a baby!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a spotless, clean house to bring a baby home to. Do you lend out your awesome carpet cleaning team? I especially need the supervisor. :)

Brian and Tonya said...

Yay nesting. That means my new niece can't be too far off. What an awesome family effort too.

Douglas said...

Yes I need that cleaning team too. You go girl!!!!!!! We will have a baby soon. Good helper Ethan.

Arlene said...

Can't wait to hear that she's here and you're doing well!

Does Bob want to come and do mine? :)

Beth and Shae said...

I can't believe you are so close. I have been out of town and therefore out of touch with reality and internet. I can't wait to hear the big news. I will try to call before she comes. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

even carpet cleaning! luck you! I tried to get bryan to let me rent one of those beasts but, no. Your place looks perfect. I love nesting. Don'tyou just feel better?