Monday, January 18, 2010

Around The House

Right after buying our house we were busy shopping and traveling a lot so we weren't home to enjoy our new place much. Last week we finally stayed home and had a ball playing, cooking, and hosting friends. It's so nice to have so much room to spread out in.

Ethan received lots of games for Christmas. We've had a good time playing his Old McDonald Game, Hot Shots Hoops, Lightning McQueen Checkers, and Ants In Your Pants, but the one we play the most is memory. Avery gave Ethan Sponge Bob Memory and he loves it. I am amazed at how well he can play and remembers where the matching mates are. Lucky for me he's a good sport and helps his opponent find matches too. We play 5 or 6 rounds every afternoon and he'd play more if I would.

One afternoon we were all feeling a little stir crazy so we hit the streets, the church parking lot, and went for a scooter ride. Our neighborhood has lots of hills and is a little too steep for Ethan on his scooter while I'm pushing Avery in the stroller so we opted for the flat, huge expanses of the parking lot. Ethan rode round and round shouting out a line from one of his favorite movies, "I'm kicking it into overdrive." Then he'd zoom off as fast as he could. It was great! Avery finally gave in to sleep after about 30 minutes and took a little cat nap in the stroller while I circled the lot chasing after "Tonka Joe."

On a quieter afternoon Ethan, Avery and I laid in his Tee Pee and read books and "looked at the stars." Ethan's imagination is in high gear these days. We watch shooting stars like at the Meteor Shower, he's always talking about his football game that will be on "Thirday" and we will be driving him there and watching in the stands. I am fairly certain many people he talks to think we live on a farm...with his 2 cats and 2 dogs which he has now added horses and monkeys to the list and occasionally brings up his shark and alligator. It sometimes feels like a zoo here, but for different reasons.

We've said it a million times already, but our new house was worth the wait! We love it!

3 comments:

Alys said...

I'm so glad you like your new house. I am sure it will be fun to decorate and make it yours. I am looking forward to that.

Douglas said...

Anyone that can have that much fun in January deserves a STAR *******
I love your new hame and all the fun you have there. Enjoy... Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Wow Avery is getting so big!! I love her cheeks!