Friday, January 22, 2010

Growing Up

Our kids are growing up. It's amazing how quickly time flies. I took Ethan and Avery to the doctor last week. They each needed a check up. I assured Ethan that he would not have to get a shot, but that Avery would need 3. He felt bad for her, but was relieved he would dodge the needle...he still wanted Avery to have her check up and shots before he saw the doctor. There was something safe about that plan.

Ethan's 3 year check up was great. He's a healthy young boy! Our doctor was amazed at his growth. I knew he was growing...I've had a hard time keeping this kid in pants and shoes that fit. He is a great little fix-it helper here at home. He loves to help daddy with his "Honey Do" list and totes his tool box around to each job. We tried out his new bike this week. It's still a bit too tall for him, but it won't be for long.

Avery had her 4 month check up,
2 1/2 weeks late due to the holidays. She is still in the 95 percentile in weight, but is off the charts in height. Her pants have been near capris for a few weeks and I've had to retire a few cute outfits before I wanted to because they were just too short! She rolled over a couple of times from her belly to her back one day last week, but hasn't done it again yet. Luckily we were all playing together so everyone got to see her new trick. Ethan really wants her to do it again! She is also getting pretty good at sitting up. I tired her out today before I got a picture, but we could tell she was proud of herself.

These kids bring so much joy to our little family. Each new stage is wonderful!

2 comments:

Beth and Shae said...

It always amazes me how fast they grow. I do love Avery's outfit. Sounds like things are well for you.

Douglas said...

Those have got to be the cutest grandkids on earth. My how we miss them. Life just looke like fun at your house and I love Avery's outfit too. Tool man is the greatest!!!!