
Ethan and I got creative this week and made a replica of our town for his beloved cars and construction trucks...We drew in the roads and some of our favorite places then went to town coloring in each building and street. Ethan could hardly wait to get the cars going down the streets...I carefully colored each of my assigned buildings then quickly and happily helped him fill in the blank spots.

We had so much fun racing our cars and stopping at McDonalds, WalMart, the pool, our house and Gram Cathy's, to name a few. The map stayed taped to our kitchen table covered in cars and street signs for him to play with for quite a few days. We would all cram on to the uncovered side of the table to eat dinner or Ethan would eat at his little table so he didn't have to put the map away. I finally convinced him that when we had our dinner party this week the map would need to come off the table to protect it, but that we would carefully roll it up and put it back out whenever he wanted. Reluctantly he helped me remove the tape and put the map away.
I was amazed at how much Ethan enjoyed driving his cars around the block...I'm glad we made the map big enough for lots of cars and play.

One day as we were driving home I mentioned to Ethan that the new building they are constructing just down the hill from us would be his school. He quickly and sincerely said, "Oh, Thank you mama." Like I had given him a wonderful gift. Every time we drive by the construction site he asks if the men are working on
HIS school. Naturally when we finished coloring our town and started to play he piled his Tonka Trucks on the school site and put them to work. He'll get that school built himself!
4 comments:
hello cutest mom EVER!!! I love love love, this post! you are awesome. the town is perfect. I am totally going to do this with my girls! thanks for being an inspiration!
Harvey and Lane love the cars too. Samantha loves Avery's cute outfits and we all still love Avery's laughing video and Ethan's birthday. They are the best. We all love you.
how fun!!! Ethan is so lucky to have such a creative mommy!
How fun. That is so creative of you. I'll bet Ethan could get that school built lots quicker than the construction workers too.
Post a Comment