This weekend was my Grandpa's birthday so Bob and I and the kids piled in to the car again on Friday and went to Idaho for a little birthday party rendezvous with my parents. We had a fabulous time playing on the farm and hanging out with family.

Avery and Ethan kept everyone busy. Gram and Aunt Amy were great to play with Ethan and follow all his helpful directions on what to do as they played.

Avery won the hearts of everyone, but seemed to have a special connection with my grandpa. They would smile and gaze at each other. It was so adorable. My grandpa's eyes would light up like a little boy at Christmas time.

We took the usual farm tour and even ventured out in to the pasture to pick out our favorite cow. A family tradition. We missed the hay wagon at feeding time, but still took pictures and Ethan had to feed the horse.

It was nice to spend some time with my grandma too. We always stay at her house and seem to gravitate to the kitchen to sit around the table and eat and visit. I even did a little cooking for the family to try out a couple of my Christmas gifts.
A highlight of the weekend for me was to take a 4 generation picture. I was able to do this with Ethan when he was little and took the opportunity again with both kids. I think we're a pretty good looking bunch!
4 Generations on my Mom's side.

4 Generations on my Dad's side.
6 comments:
Oh I LOVE the farm!! And grandma Lova :)
How fun!
I love the family pictures. You're making some special memories.
We loved our weekend together. The pictures are great as usual. We will have happy memories to treasure. Thanks for sharing with us.
Wow! It is pretty cool that you have 4 generations on both sides.
Good times! :) I love TDD and catching up on blogs!
Post a Comment