Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creative Juices Flowing

I helped my sister Amy make an adorable pillowcase dress and matching pair of fabric shoes for her sister in law's new baby girl and it sparked my creativity so Friday night I found a new online tutorial I had to try out.
Saturday morning I ran to the fabric store and Avery and I wore new matching skirts to church on Sunday. It was so fun. I really was thinking of having our skirts coordinate, but I loved this fabric so I used it for both of us. I've missed crafting! I love how cute Avery looks in her skirt and matching fabric flower pin to dress up a $2 white t-shirt.
I really like the pattern I used. The picture doesn't show very well, but there are 3-5 pick-ups on each of our skirts. I'm thinking of making myself a new skirt like this for my brother's wedding-in reds and oranges to match the wedding colors of course!

2 comments:

Douglas said...

How beautiful you two....three look. I'm thinking I need a skirt too. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Just like I remember, you are super talented! :)