
Mondays are cleaning days at our house...I should be cleaning now, but I'll get to that. Anyway, on Mondays Ethan and Avery entertain each other while I clean our house from top to bottom. Ethan occasionally helps and has a few jobs each week. I LOVE a clean house. I don't always love to clean it, but I feel so good when it's done it's worth it to me.
Ethan doesn't mind cleaning day too much. He usually gets to play with a few of the toys stashed in the top of his closet and I time my cleaning so the bulk of it gets done while Avery naps.
Last weekend we'd had friends over on Saturday night so we'd cleaned up quite a bit and Monday morning my cleaning went exceptionally fast...so what did we do with the extra time? A cleaning day reward of course!

I took the kids to Farm Country! We had a great time. Ethan was thrilled to show Avery all the things he loved and since it wasn't crowed we spent lots of time with each of the different kinds of animals. And I took Avery out of the stroller a lot.

She was brave and fed the goats a few kernels of corn. Her big brother was a good example of just how to do it.

Both kids loved the pony ride. I had to stay close to Avery so you can't see just how grown up she looks on her horse. She held on and smiled the whole time.

Ethan is becoming a real cowboy with all his horse riding experience. He waves and smiles at all the right times.
It was pretty hot so the "From Soil To Market" room was a welcomed change.

I let Avery crawl around and play with the "seeds" and both of the kids loved the wooden tractors.

I love to see them playing together. My kids are such good friends!

I'd promised ice cream when we were all done. How can you pass up the 25 cent kids cone? We headed over to the deli. Everyone got their own cone...even Avery. She wasn't sure about it at first, but then devoured the entire cone...from the bottom up!

Finally they had a summer water feature display. It was a tub of water with all sorts of pipes and levers to pull. Some of the levers blew a whistle, some shot water out the top of the tub and some sprayed water down toward the lever. Ethan had a ball pulling the levers and quickly learned which were his favorites...the spraying ones! He didn't get soaked, but was definitely cooler and wet when he was done.
It was a great cleaning day! Maybe I should get to work now so we can play this afternoon!
1 comment:
I need a cleaning helper so I can go do fun things..... Teach them while they are young, maybe they will think it is fun to clean.....
The farm was a good reward.. We love farms, glad you have one so close.
Post a Comment