Thursday, February 24, 2011

Burning A Hole

Gram and Papa sent each of the kids a few dollars in their Valentine's Day package. Ethan's money was burning a hole in his pocket.

He begged to get to spend it and was thrilled when we ran out of milk...a mandatory trip to the store. WalMart was clearancing a few after Christmas toys and Ethan lucked out. He's really in to How To Train Your Dragon stuff right now and he got a Hiccup Playset from us for Valentine's Day...but no dragons. He'd seen a dragon egg hatching volcano and really wanted one. As luck would have it they were on sale for $2 so he quickly snatched up 2 to buy with his dollars.

It was neat to see him so excited to hatch the eggs. On his first try he hatched out a viking...cool, but not a dragon. I was worried he'd be disappointed, but he was a grown up kid and quickly said he'd call it Hiccup's dad. We were blessed with a dragon on the second egg. I'm not sure I could have handled it if he didn't get a dragon...lucky for us all he did!

I'd originally hoped to save the kids' money until our trip in a couple weeks, but when Avery saw Bubba was getting a toy she HAD to have a baby! Lucky for her she fell in love with a Dora doll that only cost $1. She loves her "reena" doll (Dora is dressed up like a ballerina) and often sleeps with her. As a bonus Dora came with a brush which Avery loves.

I picked up a few more toys for just a buck and we headed home proud of our treasures. In the car I mentioned that when we went on vacation Ethan wouldn't have any of his own money to spend to which he quickly replied that he'd just wait for the next package from Gram...certain it would contain a dollar or two! Then a few minutes later he told me he had a plan to bring his car piggy bank with him because it had lots of "coinies" in it. I guess he's set!

2 comments:

Douglas said...

I can't believe what shopper you are! You can get that much pleasure from a buck!!!. As luck would have it there is another stash on it's way. Happy spending!

Robinson Family said...

So cute. My kids always expect their money to go a lot further than it does. It looks like you lucked out on your Target run. Your kids are really growing up. I think Peter would play really well with Ethan, as they seem to have very similar interests.