Ethan was looking through an old issue in bed one night and came in to my room to ask if we could make one of the crafts he'd seen. I told him that tomorrow we could gather the supplies and then get crafting. As soon as he woke up he was on the hunt for toilet paper rolls and cereal boxes. Thanks to the recycle bin we found the needed 5 rolls and 2 boxes.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
He's Crafty
Ethan loves to look through my Family Fun Magazine. It's got lots of great games, stories, and crafts for kids and families. I love it and if you don't have it delivered to your house you should really look in to it. If you watch you can often find it cheap...I just renewed mine for 3 years for less than the usual 1 year price. Anyway, we love it here!
Ethan was looking through an old issue in bed one night and came in to my room to ask if we could make one of the crafts he'd seen. I told him that tomorrow we could gather the supplies and then get crafting. As soon as he woke up he was on the hunt for toilet paper rolls and cereal boxes. Thanks to the recycle bin we found the needed 5 rolls and 2 boxes.
He was a super helper. He carefully covered each paper roll pillar.
helped hold things until the glue dried...thank you hot glue gun!
and in no time we'd recreated a fabulous parking garage for his Hot Wheels collection. The magazine often features pictures of kids who have made their crafts and this months organization question is how do you keep your kids' collections together so I'm thinking of sending in our picture and including our idea of themed, cloth drawstring bags...car material for our car collection, planet material for our Ace in Space collection. I'll let you know if we are featured. Until then we're just happy to have a place to park all our cars.
Ethan was looking through an old issue in bed one night and came in to my room to ask if we could make one of the crafts he'd seen. I told him that tomorrow we could gather the supplies and then get crafting. As soon as he woke up he was on the hunt for toilet paper rolls and cereal boxes. Thanks to the recycle bin we found the needed 5 rolls and 2 boxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH, you know Gram likes crafts and yours was a good one. Great crafting Ethan. Hope to see you in print!!!
That is a nifty garage. And it's so much more fun to play with something you have made. I hope you do get featured because that would be pretty cool. :)
He is so your son! :)
Post a Comment