Sunday, February 20, 2011

Play Dates

I've been trying to get back in the routine of scheduling play dates for the kids. We've done a little playing at friends' houses and had a few friends over, but last week I went all out and scheduled a Reptile Show for the kids at the local Life Science Museum.

We had a great show. Both kids liked seeing all of the animals and of course Ethan was willing to carefully touch all 3 of them; a gecko, a turtle, and a king snake.

Avery enjoyed seeing the reptiles, but was a little reluctant to touch. I think if I hadn't been taking pictures but helping her she would have been more willing.

We loved sharing one of our favorite museums with our friends. And Gram and Papa had sent the kids a couple dollars so they each got to visit the gift shop. Avery picked a little baby "Meow, Meow" (leopard) and Ethan finally decided on an alligator squirt gun.

It's tradition to head over to the Creamery after a reptile show and our new friends were game. We all loved the ice cream!





It felt good to really get the kids active again. When we got home they both sat down at the table and painted their picture page from the museum. It was a super outing...hopefully the first of many with friends!

3 comments:

Douglas said...

How brave of you, Ethan. Gram doesn't like Snakes or Gecko's. I'm glad you had such a good time.
You and Avery are learning so much. Love you both.

Brian and Tonya said...

What a fun outing. And so brave of Ethan to touch the animals.

Amylain said...

Hey how many times does gram send those lucky kids a couple of bucks!! Ray says he's a kid to ya know!! Looks like you guys are having fun!