At a family birthday party a few weeks ago he wrote his name on his cup all by himself for the first time. I stood there and watched in amazement as he carefully wrote each letter without prompting. I was proud and so torn to find out he'd put his cup in the garbage when he was done with it instead of bringing it to me so I could have it bronzed or something.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Letters
Ethan has recently learned quite a few of his letter names and sounds. He's learning that you can use the letters to write real words or meaning...
At a family birthday party a few weeks ago he wrote his name on his cup all by himself for the first time. I stood there and watched in amazement as he carefully wrote each letter without prompting. I was proud and so torn to find out he'd put his cup in the garbage when he was done with it instead of bringing it to me so I could have it bronzed or something.
Yesterday he helped me make the grocery list. I told him the things we needed and he made this list to remind us of all we would buy. P-frozen peas, P-pasta, A-Alfredo, R-rice, B-broccoli, N-nuts. He carried it around the store until we found everything on our list. It was great.
Finally we got out the bathtub crayons as a reward for a great day and he did an awesome job writing his name across the back of the tub. I almost hated to have him wash it off. He's getting so smart!
At a family birthday party a few weeks ago he wrote his name on his cup all by himself for the first time. I stood there and watched in amazement as he carefully wrote each letter without prompting. I was proud and so torn to find out he'd put his cup in the garbage when he was done with it instead of bringing it to me so I could have it bronzed or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome job Ethan. Gram is so proud of you. Keep practicing.
Way to go! Love the list. What a super helper.
Post a Comment