Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We Must Be Crazy II

Some of you may remember that about a year ago Bob and I dragged ourselves and Ethan out to the middle of nowhere to view the Perseids Meteor Shower...Well last night was the peak of the shower for this year so I talked Bob into it again and off we drove at 1:30 this morning.

We were treated to an amazing light show. There seemed to be fewer meteors that we could see due to the moon, but there were a few really amazing ones that made it all worth it. Ethan was a trooper. He was excited to be out at night and off on an adventure. When I told him where we were going he said, "Oh, Wow Cool!" He was thrilled to see the moon and the road construction along the freeway. We think he even saw a few meteors.

Bob downloaded a Star Gazer's App on his IPhone that we used to locate the Perseus Constellation, the name sake of the shower, and even got to see Mars since we knew where to look.

We are tired now and will have to go to bed early to make up for lost sleep, but what a way to celebrate our last few days before our newborn comes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And yes, you are crazy!

Anonymous said...

You are such fun parents! :) And by the way, I love all your baby crafts. It sure looks like you are ready for another baby! I will be excited to hear and to see pictures!

Arlene said...

Hope all went well today!!! Can't wait to see her!