Friday, July 15, 2011

"Tin" Year Anniversary

Bob and I can't believe it's already been 10 years since we were married! It's been 10 great years. To celebrate we took an overnight trip to a resort nearby. Avery and I have never been apart (she's almost 2) and Ethan and I have only been apart twice (he's 4 1/2), so it was a big deal for me to go! Thanks to Aunt Amy and Grandma both kids had a great time and didn't mind being away from mom too much.

Bob and I had a great time. We started with a stroll down main street window shopping and stopping at the Chocolate Factory for a treat. Then off to dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the mountain views and cool breeze.

After dinner we exchanged gifts. The 10 year traditional gift is tin. We were surprised that 10 years doesn't get you much of a fancy tradition. Bob was amazing and picked out a metal watering can for me. I can't decide if I'll water with it or plant in it, but I was impressed he kept to tradition. I made Bob a "10 Years of Bob and Joni" photo book. It was fun to see pictures of us so many years ago.

Finally we settled down to watch a movie just as the power went out at the resort...it stayed off for 4 hours so we tried sleeping in the heat and had to use our cell phones as flashlights. It may not have been an ideal night away, but it was memorable.

In the morning we took the town ski lift up to the top of the mountain. It was perfect: cool morning air, grand valley views, and lots of peace and quiet. At the top we hiked around amongst the old mining buildings and enjoyed the scenic views.

We took one more luxury stop on our way home and stopped for lunch at a favorite BBQ spot. It was a fabulous anniversary...here's to many more!

3 comments:

Douglas said...

Congratulations!! That was a great way to celebrate. We love you both!

Brad and Hailey said...

Congratulations!!! I don't think I have ever seen a picture from your wedding! I love the picture! I also love the picture of you guys at the top of the mountain, you both look so relaxed and happy! Congratulations again!!!

Alys said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 seems a good number. Congrats!