Avery was a great picker too. The only problem is I don't think any of her berries made it in her bucket...she ate her weight in berries!
Monday, August 27, 2012
Berrires, Berries, Berries!
I found a U-Pick Berries farm about 30 minutes South of here. I was thrilled when I found out they had both Raspberries and Blackberries. I knew we had to go pick a few pounds, especially when they told me they were thorn-less. A far cry from the Killer Berries Bob and I picked on the canal banks in Washington.
Ethan was a fabulous picker. He picked 1 1/2 pounds of blackberries all by himself. He stuck to it and would shout out "Jackpot" every time he found a cluster of berries to pick.

Avery was a great picker too. The only problem is I don't think any of her berries made it in her bucket...she ate her weight in berries!
When it was all said and done we'd picked 7 1/2 pounds of blackberries and 4 pounds of raspberries. We quickly brought them home and turned them in to Blackberry Cobbler and Blackberry/Raspberry jam. We froze the rest for a future pie or other yummy dessert.
Avery was a great picker too. The only problem is I don't think any of her berries made it in her bucket...she ate her weight in berries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! We LOVE berries here too, I'm gonna need the info on that place so we can go next year!
I wish we'd gone with you! Not only for the berries but for seeing Avery's face in person. Love it!
Post a Comment